Darrow's Artist in Residence Program offers selected artists the opportunity, time and space to further develop their artwork within a supportive community. The annual residency, which begins mid-August and runs until mid-June provides the guest artist with a studio space, teaching and exhibition opportunities. The Artist in Residence also has the opportunity to engage with our students through teaching and possibly serving as an advisor, coach or mentor.
Schulz Artist-in-Residence Program for Comic and Cartoon Arts
The Darrow School is seeking an artist whose work is primarily focused in the comic and cartoon arts to supplement our current course electives with new, innovative offerings.
We are seeking an artist who:
• is excited to put their degree in art (MFA preferred) or equivalent experience in the field to practice with a unique and diverse group of young people.
• will generate student excitement for comic and cartoon arts.
• has found joy in teaching in a collaborative learning environment.
• finds the prospect of working with teenagers and serving as a role model for them fulfilling.
• will actively engage in creative problem solving by using their understanding of the creative process and will inspire students in cultivating this skill.
• is excited to share a studio space within a classroom setting so students can witness the artistic process unfold firsthand.
• will listen and communicate clearly with colleagues and students.
• will strengthen the department by diversifying the visual arts course offerings.
• is excited by the prospect of Project Based Learning (PBL) and collaborating across disciplines.
• will share their artistic knowledge within our immediate community and also the surrounding area (New Lebanon and Capital Region of NY & Berkshire County, MA).
The Artist in Residence Program offers the selected artist the opportunity, time, and space to further develop their artwork within a supportive community. The residency, which will begin mid-August 2019 and run until mid-June 2020, will also provide the guest artist with a studio space, teaching and exhibition opportunities, and includes a generous stipend.
Application Deadline: March 30th, 2019
For more details and information to apply, see description.